Mindstate Psychology offers clinical psychology, neurofeedback therapy and forensic psychology in Perth, Western Australia.
What is forensic psychology?
Forensic Psychology is the branch of Psychology which is involved in assessing people for court-related purposes. Forensic Psychology involves specialist knowledge and skills to conduct independent assessments for Court. Mindstate Psychology offers psychology assessment in a number of broad domains.
- Family Law - The Family Court requires assessments as Single Expert Witness, or assessment of children and adults for particular related issues. Dr Phil Watts is one of the most experienced Court Experts in Western Australia, having been appointed in over 1,200 matters over the last 30 years. Mindstate Psychology has a team of practitioners who can provide court related assessment under the guidance of Dr Phil Watts.
- Care & Protection - Cases involving removal of children from parents due to maltreatment may require an assessment through Department of Communities or the Perth Children’s Court. Mindstate Psychology has extensive experience in the provision of assessment of care & protection-related reports.
- Criminal Injuries Compensation - If you suffer psychological trauma or harm as a result of a crime, it may be compensable and a psychological report required. This can be easily organised.
- Worker’s Compensation and Motor Vehicle Accidents - Various forms of civil litigation require assessment of personal injuries. Mindstate Psychology is willing to provide reports for Worker’s Compensation, Motor Vehicle Accidents, and other forms of civil litigation including negligence claims.
- Capability Assessment - The capacity to instruct a solicitor, to write a Will, manage affairs, and other aspects of legal requirement are specialist areas in assessment for which Mindstate Psychology frequently produce reports.
- Pre-Sentence Reports - When somebody is convicted of a crime, a Pre-Sentence Report may assist the Judge in considering mitigation, risk and impact of imprisonment. The team at Mindstate Psychology is experienced and competent in conducting assessment of offences across a range of domains, including sex offending, drug-addiction, violence and white-collar crime.
- Treatment Reports for Court Purposes - There are occasions where a person seeks a course of treatment and, at the end of that treatment, needs to provide a report for outcome to a Court. Therapists at Mindstate Psychology are willing to do reportable treatment and therapy. However, it is important that this is made clear at the commencement of the therapeutic intervention.
Comprehensive Assessment for Court purposes can be relatively time-consuming, in that there is a need for extended interviews, personality assessments and, at times, cognitive assessments. Different reports in different jurisdictions have different requirements, therefore, there is no standard Schedule of Fees. Please contact us with your request so that we can give a reasonable estimate once we know exactly what is required.