Threat assessments at Mindstate Psychology
All threat assessments provided by Mindstate are bespoke and include a full behavioural analysis profile of the person or persons of interest. Issues that our threat assessments cover have included:
- Anonymous threats
- Employee and ex-employee problematic behaviour
- Stalking and domestic violence
- Negative and unfair online reviews
- Fixations on public figures or celebrities
All of our threat assessments provide practical and workable solutions that can be realistically implemented.
What is our experience?
Our lead threat assessor, Dr Lorraine Sheridan, is former President of the Asia Pacific Association of Threat Assessment Professionals. Lorraine has conducted a large number of threat assessments for individuals, large multi-national corporations, small businesses, and public bodies including councils and universities.
Lorraine also conducted extensive research and consequently published many scientific articles on threat assessment.
- Darwinkel, E., Chan, A. & Sheridan, L.(2020). Tertiary concerns: Campus threat assessment and management in an Australian university. Journal of Threat Assessment and Management, 7,173-185. https://doi.org/10.1037/tam0000152
- Keatley, D.A., Sheridan, L., & Whitty, M.(2019). “The road not taken”: Understanding and mapping complexity in threat assessment. Journal of Threat Assessment and Management, 6, 198-201. https://doi.org/10.1037/tam0000132
- Sheridan, L., & James, D. (2021). False Allegations in rape, stalking and gang-stalking. In Meloy, J. R., & Hoffmann, J. (Eds.). (2021). International handbook of threat assessment. Oxford University Press. https://doi.org/10.1093/med-psych/9780190940164.003.0023
- Sheridan, L., North, A. C., & Scott, A.J. (2019). Stalking in the workplace. Journal of Threat Assessment and Management, 6, 61–75. https://doi.org/10.1037/tam0000124
- Sheridan, L., &Pyszora, N. (2018). Fixations onthe Police: An exploratory analysis. Journal of Threat Assessment andManagement, 5,63-74. https://doi.org/10.1037/tam0000100
- Sheridan, L., Pyszora, N., Cooper, B., & Bendlin, M. (2019). Problematic behaviours experienced by electorate and ministerial office staff: Results of and responses to a Western Australian survey. Journal of Threat Assessment and Management, 6, 128-137. https://doi.org/10.1037/tam0000130